Become a Referee
The Darling Downs Rugby Referees Association (DDRRA) appoints match officials to all matches run by Downs Rugby for representative, teenage and senior competition games and school and junior unions. Benefits of association membership include:
- Training, coaching and networking;
- Access to regular educational seminars;
- Increased access to information regarding officiating;
- Notification of law changes, and
Registration on MyRugbyAdmin
- To obtain your Level 1 accreditation you will need to complete the following:
- The DDRRA will review your match performance for development purposes.
- Once you are registered as a referee you may act as an Assistant Referee and report on game incidents.
- All referees are required to have a Blue Card or be exempt in terms of Queensland Government Legislation.
Application forms and information relating to this subject can be found on the Commission for Children and Young People and Child Guardian web site www.ccypcg.qld.gov.au or by phoning 1800 113 611.
If you would like to become a referee or simply to know more about the DDRRA, please contact the President, Mr Peter Buchanan, on 0412 854 211 who would be thrilled to speak to you.
For more information on the DDRRA, you can visit their website at: